Tricia’s interest in health care and medicine is both personal — her dad and two brothers are physicians — and professional. After graduating law school from the University of North Carolina, Tricia began her legal career in Atlanta, Georgia, where she practiced medical malpractice defense for several years before relocating to Indiana. Prior to joining Katz Korin Cunningham, Tricia served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of Indiana, where she represented various health care-related licensing boards and other state entities in courts throughout the state.
Tricia has represented clients in both state and federal courts of law involving a wide array of medical-related issues. Presently, she focuses her practice on the defense of health care providers in litigation and has extensive experience representing medical licensees who are the subject of consumer complaints filed with the Attorney General’s Office.
B.A. political science, minor in history
School of Law
- Deputy Attorney General (Indiana), 2015 – 2018
- In-house counsel, National Water Treatment Company (Indianapolis), 2011 – 2015
- Associate, The Weathington Firm (Atlanta, Ga.), 2006 – 2009
- Legislative Assistant, North Carolina General Assembly, 2003 – 2006
Admitted to Bar
- 2011 Indiana
- 2006 Georgia
- 2015 U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- 2015 U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- 2007 U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- 2006 U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Speaking and Publications
DTCI: A call to action on our diversity and inclusion mission, co-author, Indiana Lawyer
Civic Engagement / Volunteerism
Indiana Society for Healthcare Risk Managers: Board of Directors, Secretary, 2020 – 2021
Tricia is a mom to four young kids and spends much of her time chauffeuring them around to their various sports and activities. A native of northwest Arkansas, she is a die-hard Razorback fan and overall sports enthusiast.
Anything John Grisham; Two Funerals, Then Easter, a collection of poems by Rachel Welcher
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” — Zig Zigler
I enjoy watching sports, and my present fitness craze is my Peloton bike.
Not sure if this is a talent or an obsession, but I follow college football and recruiting like it's my job.