Jarod M. Zimmerman
Jarod Zimmerman is an associate attorney with the business litigation practice group at Katz, Korin Cunningham. A native Hoosier, Jarod was born in Indianapolis and grew up in Carmel. Jarod is the proud uncle to his sister's children and enjoys doting on his nephew and niece.
It shouldn't come as a surprise that Jarod, a lifelong Hoosier, has always had a passion for sports, especially basketball and baseball which he played while growing up. Jarod continues to enjoy athletic competition today, both as an participant and as a spectator.
With an interest in a variety of subjects, law seemed the ideal career choice since it has the potential of touching every facet of life.
When it comes to the practice of law, Jarod enjoys the constant challenge to improve and gain new skills and finds the practice of law mentally stimulating and incredibly rewarding. During law school, he pursued as many subjects as possible, gaining new skills and a further appreciation for a great many subjects including litigation, alternative dispute resolution, corporate litigation and white-collar crime, tax controversy, and civil rights.
While still relatively new to the profession, Jarod looks forward to a long career involving constant development, improvement, and reinvention.
College of Arts and Sciences
B.A., history, minors in business & psychology
Jarod had a number of law clerk positions while in law school, including work as a Certified Legal Intern at the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office. Jarod also served as a research assistant at the Kelley School of Business Department of Law & Ethics. In his final semester of law school, Jarod clerked at the Indiana Department of Revenue handling state and local tax disputes. Following graduation, Jarod worked as a Deputy Attorney General in the Correctional Law Litigation Section from September 2017 – November 2018.
- Participant, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- Participant, Maurer Trial Competition
- Recipient, Outstanding Editor award, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- Highest grade in Tax Policy Colloquium
Admitted to Bar
- 2017 Indiana
- 2017 U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- 2017 U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- 2021 Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Indians Tribal Court
Speaking and Publications
- Dental Care in Jails and Prisons: Common Legal Issues and Ways to Avoid Them, at the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) conference, November 2020. Co-presenter with Doug Bitner.
- The Big Six: Where the Law Most Often Meets Medical Care, at the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) conference, November 2020. Co-presenter with Doug Bitner.
- Judicial Intervention The various stages of a lawsuit — specifically medical care in a correctional setting — and the involvement of the court in the direction of said medical care during various stages of litigation, at the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) conference, November 2019. Co-presenter with Doug Bitner.