Tax & Estates
Helping you reduce exposure and enhance profitability.
Most business decisions have related tax consequences, many of which can be significant. Our team of tax attorneys serves as trusted advisors to our business and individual clients in order to identify and reduce theirs of unnecessary tax exposure. This guidance is provided at the entity inception stage and on a transactional basis with the aim of enhancing client profitability. Entity formation guidance is critical to understanding the tax impacts on your business and the individual owners, whether that be an S or C corporation, limited liability company (LLC), limited liability partnership (LLP), or other entity type. By partnering with our clients to fully understand their business needs, we work with them to develop and implement tax-efficient growth strategies, up to and including mergers or acquisitions. Finally, we assist our clients with the sale or transfer of their business with an understanding and communication of the tax consequences resulting from the transaction.
A Sampling of Our Tax Services:
- Structuring transactions for the purchase and selling of businesses or assets to minimize tax exposure.
- Entity structures providing advantageous tax treatment for real estate purchases, including tax-free exchanges.
- Creation of family partnerships, joint ventures, LLCs or LLPs to develop and operate business projects or real estate in order to substantially reduce family tax exposure while preserving control.
- Securing and maintaining nonprofit entity status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code.
A Sampling of Our Estate Services:
- Developing revocable and irrevocable trusts to manage property during the client's lifetime and to provide for tax-efficient disposition of assets upon death.
- Implementing estate plans based on client goals and concerns that may include disability planning, special needs considerations, charitable planning, retirement plan elections and decisions involving the disposition of client assets after death.
- Drafting wills, living wills, advance directives, and other elder law planning arrangements to provide certainty for our clients and security for their heirs, while minimizing taxes and increasing administrative efficiency.
- Administration of trusts and estates.
- Litigation of trust and estate disputes.
Your Business, Our Team — Better Together.